Environmental and Social Sustainability Policy
The Napier War Memorial Conference Centre is a business unit of the Tourism Services Department of the Napier City Council and, along with six other business units, is committed to providing the highest quality service and product to its customers.
The Team at the Napier War Memorial Conference Centre are committed to protecting the future of Hawke's Bay, New Zealand and the larger planet.
You can assist us by being mindful of the following actions we take to reduce our impact on the environment:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation while complying with all laws and regulations.
- To implement programmes to minimise our use of energy and water consumption.
- To prevent pollution and reduce waste by committing to and promoting minimal impact practices, reduction and recycling and reuse.
- To implement the aims of the Qualmark Sustainable practices and have a framework of regularly recording measures of the relevant bench mark indicators and analyze performance and setting improvements and maintenance targets.
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our environmental objectives.
- To work with others in the tourism industry, public agencies, the community and our clients to achieve wider environmental objectives.
- To communicate our aims and performance to our stakeholders, clients, customers, suppliers and local community.
- To purchase environmentally friendly, organic and local products where practical.